From the weblecture you learned how to prevent data loss. Can you recall all applicable active regimes, as explained in the weblecture?
- Have multiple copies. Use a checksum to identify faulty copies
- Use preferred file formats that can be opened by a wide range of software. Update the file format to a current one.
- Move data to fresh media well before the media’s expiration date.
- Have multiple copies. Move data to fresh media well before the media’s expiration date.
- Document your data well.
- Advertise the content in a data catalogue.